Monday, June 22, 2009

Kiley, this ones for you...

Being a single mom I am finding is a lot more difficult than I had ever imagined. A lot of the time I am second guessing myself and some of the decisions I am making. I'm definately my own worst critic and harder on myself than I probably should be. I want so much for Kiley and I am scared that I won't be able to give her everything she deserves. I want her to grow up and be strong and confidant in herself and know that she is an amazing person everyday. I don't want her to be afraid to come to me at anytime and tell me anything that she wants to talk about. I want her to know that I will always be there for her no matter what and will never turn her away. I don't ever want her to feel like the black sheep because if for some reason that's what she is, then I want her to know that that is the cool thing to be just because SHE is it. I want her to be curious and explore everything and not just take someone's word for it. I want her to know things because she figured it out for herself. I want her to love and accept everyone. I don't want her to be afraid to try new things. I want her to be welcoming and warm and always on her toes because sometimes things and people aren't always what they seem. I want her to stand up for what is right even if it means she is standing alone. I don't want her to ever feel afraid to speak up or be bullied down and lose her voice. I want her to always defend herself and stand by her decisions. Most of all I want her to find love and fall in it because it is one of the greatest feelings in the world. Love often and love much. I know she is only 2 1/2 and sharing toys has been a work in progress but I think a lot of these things are going to come to her like second nature. Hey, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :) Kiley Ann, I wish you could read this and understand it but just know that I am going to do my very best in giving you everything you need and will always be here to help you through anything you are going through. You have given me the most important job in the world "mommy" and for that I will always be grateful. I love you.

1 comment: