Monday, June 29, 2009

The art of letting go...

I am definitely a dreamer. I have seen a lot of them come true, the biggest one being my daughter Kiley. A lot of them I have had to let go over the years. When I was little I used to have this crazy idea that I was going to build this mansion and have all of my family live with me. That obviously was never going to happen A) it would be way too expensive and B) most of them have passed away and the rest of us that are living don't exactly get along anymore. I remember in school out teachers always telling us to dream big and reach our goals. That is good to tell kids but at what point does that become a way to set yourself up for disappointment. I definitely beat the crap out of myself if I don't accomplish something that I wanted to or things don't pan out the way I originally intended. I think the point of dreaming and having goals in life is to give us hope and to have something to work towards. They should tell you when you aer younger that it's great to have goals but if it doesn't pan out it's ok. Start with fresh ideas and go for them instead. I think the whole point is to never give up. To always stay positive and motivated and things will fall into place the way they were supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment