Sunday, August 2, 2009

the miracle of her birth...

August 3rd, 2006 at 2:22am, is when Kiley was born. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had, nothing will ever come close to it. I remember singing Happy Birthday to her when they put her on my chest as soon as she was born. There was an instant bond formed and I now was holding the most important little person in my life. She wrapped her tiny little wrinkly hand around my pointer finger and cooed and I was hooked. I don't remember seeing or hearing anything after that from anyone else around me. It was all about her, I remember right after I breast fed for the first time and being so scared that she wasn't going to like doing it or something like that, but I was wrong. She latched right on and ate like a little pig, from that moment on I would feel like a milk machine, she seemed to never stop eating. I fed her in Borders, Shop Rite, in the car hunched over her car seat, while my mom drove because she decided that she had to eat then, and would scream until she got her way. I felt like I didn't have a life outside of nursing, but that was ok with me. She was my life now, my new life that I was lucky enough to have. It was the most overwhelming feeling, her birth, exciting, scary, mind blowing to say the least, I mean here is this tiny baby, who a minute ago was in my belly and now is on the outside, in the world ready to observe everything, because everything will be new, exciting and interesting. Being pregnant was one of the greatest gifts I could ever receive. I loved every second of it. It truly was the happiest time of my life. I played her music everyday and when I did she would really start moving around. I used to love holding my belly and feeling everything she was doing. She had the hiccups every day from 5 months on. I would get woken up almost every night at 2 am bc she had them. Now when she gets them I can't help but be sad a little because I am not feeling them with her. Today is her birthday and I am in shock that 3 years have gone by so quickly. I am blessed everyday I get to spend with her. She has made my life have true meaning, and my heart has been overflowing with love and happiness. Happy Birthday Kiley Ann, thank you for making me a mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment